“IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE A FRIEND, GO TO SOMEONE’S HOUSE AND EAT WITH HIM… THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE YOU THEIR FOOD GIVE YOU THEIR HEART.”
At Resonate, we primarily connect in meal groups. These are small groups that meet, eat, share, and pray together in someone’s home. Our groups typically focus their discussion around a scripture, a recent sermon, or a question about our spiritual lives.
Each group makes an initial commitment to meet weekly or bi-weekly for three months. After that, the group leaders and participants with the support of our staff to discern what’s next.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT MEAL GROUP?
· It’s normal to be nervous, but our people are friendly and know what it’s like to be new.
· Most people bring an appetizer and a bottle of wine. You’re never under any pressure to, (especially if you’re coming straight from work).
· We start eating about 20 mins in.
· If the group has kids, there will be a babysitter to help watch the kids.
· Discussion lasts 40-50.
· We end taking prayer requests and one person closes in prayer.