At Resonate, we primarily connect in meal groups. These are small groups that meet, eat, share, and pray together in someone’s home. Our groups typically focus their discussion around a scripture, a recent sermon, or a question about our spiritual lives.
Each group makes an initial commitment to meet weekly or bi-weekly for three months. After that, the group leaders and participants with the support of our staff to discern what’s next.
What to expect at your first Meal Group?
- It’s normal to be nervous, but our people are friendly and know what it’s like to be new.
- Most people bring an appetizer and a bottle of wine. You’re never under any pressure to, (especially if you’re coming straight from work).
- We start eating about 20 mins in.
- If the group has kids, there will be a babysitter to help watch the kids.
- Discussion lasts 40-50.
- We end taking prayer requests and one person closes in prayer.